Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Fantastic brand spanking new 'Julie Morrigan' author website

You might find it hard to believe (especially if you've been out for a drink with me) but I'm actually quite shy. So when, just over a year ago, my mate Paul Brazill asked me if I wanted to do an interview for his Hit the North! series, my initial reaction could be summed up in two words - fuck, no! Luckily my partner is a lot more sensible than me and he persuaded me not only that I should do it - and I'm glad I did - but also that I should start a blog. And this is it.

The next thing I did that astonished me was discover e-books and love them. Not only love them, but actually start to publish them myself.

One of the hardest things to do when you self-publish is let people know that you have books out there. Over the past eight months or so I've read a fair old bit about the various things that writers 'have' to do, and one thing that crops up time and again is the importance of a good website. Despite me being a writer, I find it nigh on impossible to write about myself and my stories, at least without apologising. And that just doesn't cut it for an author site. Luckily for me, Steven stepped in and he has made a fantastic 'Julie Morrigan' website. I absolutely love what he's done with it. I just hope I can live up to it.

Check it out and see what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe a year has gone by. Look at all you have accomplished! I remember reading that interview when it came out over at Paul's place, and thinking Holy Shit.... Just downloaded "Convictions" from Smashwords and can't wait to jump right in tonight ( maybe have a peek at work before that, shhh) Best of luck and continued success! The new site looks fab, big kudo's to Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The year has flown, hasn't it? How's your next book coming along? Mindjacker was great fun, so different - looking forward to the next one!

    Thanks for picking up Convictions, Sean - I hope you enjoy it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete