Sunday, 24 July 2011

Sunday round up: Guilty Conscience

I wanted to do a quick round up of things that have been going on, and it turns out all of them are over at Guilty Conscience, Luca Veste's blog.

Luca is a tireless promoter of books and writers, so it was brilliant to see him dip his toe into the water. Here's his first published story, The Old Man, written to a brief provided for Flash Fiction Friday. Great stuff, and I'm sure it will be the first of many stories by Luca. I certainly hope so!

He has also opened the blog up to story submissions, so if you fancy a shot at publication, read the guidelines and go for it. I did, and I'm delighted that my story, Shadow Man, is the first to be featured. (I was also lucky enough to be interviewed by Luca recently.)

And finally, for fans of Charlie Williams and his brilliant creation Royston Blake, both good news and a competition. The first three books in the series, Deadfolk, Booze and Burn (renamed from Fags and Lager) and King of the Road have been reissued by Amazon Encore. And next month, the fourth book - One Dead Hen - will also be published. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on this. Charlie Williams is a terrific writer and it's taken too damn long to get this one into print. And there's a competition to win a copy over at Guilty Conscience - get yourself over there now and enter!

Finally, a big thank you to Luca for all the good work he has done to promote so many good books and writers (and me!). Guilty Conscience is well worth a visit - there's some great stuff to be found. Cheers, Luca!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm honoured!

    Thanks so much, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure - your site is a treasure trove for readers and writers. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip on GC. It is a way cool site and I enjoyed yoyr story. Just added to my blog list and look forward to keeping track of it.

    ReplyDelete