Sunday, 8 May 2011

Beautiful, Naked and Dead

I just finished reading Beautiful, Naked and Dead and I absolutely loved it. In Moses McGuire, Josh Stallings has given us a new hero. Battle-scarred, cynical and suicidal, frequently drunk and a regular dry-humper of strippers, he might not sound like the sort of person you’d see coming to the rescue, but don’t be fooled: Moses is one of the most loyal, decent and moral people you’ll meet (certainly between the pages of this novel).

In Beautiful, Naked and Dead, Moses is an avenging angel, albeit one with a pocket full of drugs and bullets. It’s a long, hard journey he takes us on, and it’s one hell of a ride. Buckle up and brace yourself - you won’t want to miss a thing.

It’s hard to believe this is Josh Stallings’ debut novel. Not only is he a terrific story-teller, he’s one hell of a writer. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Buy it here.

4 comments:

  1. I just finished this book last night. I'm totally crushing on Moses. It is an amazing debut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good, isn't it? And Moses is a fab hero. Not sure I'd dare go on a bender with him, mind - he'd drink me under the table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an awesome book and I can't wait to read the next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. McDroll, I am in the astonishingly fortunate position of having Out There Bad sitting on my hard drive. Josh asked me to proofread it for him. I don't think I've ever looked forward to 'work' so much in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete